What we Believe
- THE BIBLE – We believe that the Bible is God’s revealed Word breathed out from God through human authors. God’s Word is our sole authority for faith and practice, and we believe that God gave us His Word without errors (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:19-21; Matt. 5:18; John 17:17; Hebr. 4:12).
- GOD – We believe in the Trinity of God, that He is one God in three Persons (John 1:18; John 4:23-24; John 1:1; 1:18; Acts 5; 1 Cor. 3:16-17). God is eternal, unchanging, infinite, all-present, all-knowing, all-powerful, and infinite (Ps. 90:2; Jam. 1:17; Is. 55:8; Gen. 17:1; Ps. 139:7-12). God is perfect in all His moral attributes (Matt. 5:48; Lev. 20:26; Is. 6:3).
- JESUS CHRIST – We believe that Jesus Christ is one person with two natures – one divine nature and one human nature (John 1:1; John 6:38; Phil. 2:6-8). Jesus’ greatest work was offering Himself as a substitute to die for the sins of the world that we may have eternal life (2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 2:24).
- MANKIND – We believe that man was created in God’s image (Gen. 1:26-27), but he chose to sin in Adam (Rom. 5:15; 1 Cor. 15:22). The result of that choice is that sin is a part of human nature in every culture of every race (Rom. 3:23).
- SALVATION – We believe that God offers deliverance from sin through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Rom. 10:9-10). By God’s grace, anyone can be forgiven and delivered from sin through faith in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9; John 3:16; Gal. 2:16).
- THE HOLY SPIRIT – We believe in the deity (Acts 5:3-4) and personality of the Holy Spirit (Acts 15:28; 1 Pet. 1:2). Today He is active in the church convicting, indwelling, filling, teaching, empowering, and gifting (John 16:7-11; 1 Cor. 6:19; Eph. 5:18; John 15:26; John 14:12; 1 Pet. 4:11).
- THE CHURCH – We believe that the church is a visible institution representing the relationship between the church and Christ (Eph. 5:25-27). The church’s authority for faith and practice comes from the written Word of God (I Tim. 3:16-17). We are Baptists, and we recognize two offices (I Tim. 3:2-10) and two ordinances of the church (Matt. 28:19-20).
This is an abbreviated Statement of Faith. A complete Statement of Faith is available in print upon request.